Easy and Delicious Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Here is my buttercream frosting recipe, which is so good!
This is the type of frosting you need to make if you plan to
use the Buttercream Transfer technique to decorate your cake.
But honestly, I use this frosting all the time. It
is my go-to recipe, because it is so delicious.
This frosting does not dry hard. Although it works
great with frosting decorating bags and tips, it will remain soft.
When you refrigerate this frosting, it will get stiff but
upon warming to room temperature, it softens back up.
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 3 sticks of real butter
- 2 Tsp of vanilla flavoring
- 2 pounds of powdered sugar
1. Allow the
butter to come to room temperature, then cream the butter and
shortening together well.
2. Next, add in the vanilla flavoring, and mix.
3. Slowly add in the powdered sugar while you mix with an
4. Continue mixing for 5 minutes. You will notice
as you mix the texture will get smoother and smoother.